On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 12:21:16PM +0200, Frank Küster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was
heard to say:
> Is there any live system available which can handle lvm volumes? I think
> I even have some free disk space for an additional partition to install
> the live system on harddisk. But I cannot access it from Knoppix, and
> didn't find information on lvm in the Knoppix FAQ.

  I haven't tried it, but I would expect that the Ubuntu live CD has
the necessary support.  e.g., this article says it works if you install
the lvm user-space tools in the live system:

http://linuxwave.blogspot.com/2007/11/mounting-lvm-disk-using-ubuntu-livecd.html

  Daniel