clone 697270 -1
retitle -1 misleading error message when ELF interpreter does not exist
reassign -1 bash
severity -1 normal
merge -1 609882
retitle 697270 i386 multiarch not enabled and ia32-libs not installed by
default on amd64
severity 697270 minor
tags 697270 +wontfix
thanks

Hi Alexey,

2013-01-03 um 18:32:28 schrieb Russ Allbery:
> Alexey Eromenko <al4...@gmail.com> writes:
> > User error? Huh ?
> >
> > No ! This is a Debian Bug !
> > Debian clearly says: "File does not exist", while in fact it DOES EXIST.
> > This is a 100% proof of Debian bug.

I guess it is bash telling you that.

> That's the error message that you get when the dynamic loader for a binary
> doesn't exist.  I think that's been the case for as long as Linux has
> existed.

That's already reported as bug #609882.

For the second part: most people won't need i386 libs on a amd64 system, so
this is obviously a wontfix. You can still install ia32-libs if you need them
and follow the instructions for enabling multiarch for i386.

Greetings
Timo