On 11.04.2013 15:35, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:

Completely unrelated to it's GSoC-eyness (which I would love to see,
quick, put it on the ideas page and put interested parties as mentors!),
I really hate the idea of "loosing" an unencrypted copy of my GPG
private half. I misplace everything, I don't need someone finding a copy
of my GPG key and abusing it :)

-T
This is where you can use something like libgfshare that will split the file up into multiple parts and requires a certain amount of them to reconstruct the original. Part of my backup policy is to use libgfshare to split my primary private key (as my subkeys I'm not worried about as they can be revoked and new ones re-issued easily enough along with the fact I've moved to storing my RSA subkeys on OpenPGP card) and storing them in different locations and having a few parts held by trusted individuals but can not be reconstructed and put back together without parts from both trusted holders and multiple storage locations (both physical and online).