Hi there, Olav, thanks for contributing to the discussion,

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 01:40:55PM +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> I don't see this happening, at all. When the GNOME release team is asked
> for a solution we make *concrete* decisions: use X, or Y or maybe try
> and support both. If you want to influence these decisions, I want
> something more than to a choice between something greatly supported
> (logind) vs something abandoned (ConsoleKit).

So, I have a mild problem with framing the problem this way, when the
systemd maintainers position (which is perfectly fair) is:

from Tollef Fog Heen <tfh...@err.no> (m261smjxwi....@rahvafeir.err.no)
> I'm not aware of it being argued anywhere that you can pick and choose random
> components and they would work fine with any other init system.

This means by adopting logind, we should switch init over to systemd,
otherwise a major package is using another major package in an
unsupported configuration (or at least in a way that the maintainer
doesn't wish to support)

Since the project (on the whole) is fairly divided, I don't think we
should trivialize this to "actively developed" vs "cruft" at this stage.

Much love,
  Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paul...@debian.org>