Hi all, I recently decided to migrate my Debian system away from
deb-multimedia.org, where official packages exist. I used apt preferences
to help me downgrade packages from deb-multimedia back to Debian testing,
where an alternative version from testing exists. However, I would expect
that most users would not have the patience to do this via apt preferences,
and if there is an easier way, I was not aware of it.

I'm writing to suggest that in the long term, Debian's package management
should have a general, user-friendly way to deal with situations like this,
such as a mechanism to remove a repository subscription, and all package
versions that came from it, while uninstalling as few as possible of  the
reverse dependencies.

Can anyone suggest which Debian package it would be appropriate to file
this as a bug on?