Russ Allbery contributed earlier:

>  The reason why you're not seeing a lot
>  of constructive engagement with those points here is that most of us are
>  exhausted with this conversation and tired of repeating ourselves.

Yes, if it is really like that, I understand. But I'm also glad that this
conversation reached me.

> At this point, for better or worse, we're in the "we're going to do this
> and see how it goes" phase of the discussion.

And I hope it works well in the end, because I like the simplicity of
systemd.. People like me usually do not have enough time to explore the
bowels of the operating system so I literally depend on the debian
developers to find the best way. It's not exactly a comfortable feeling (no
offense meant) but I guess it just works like that. None of us can know it
all :-).

Thanks everybody for your comments, I'll be watching on.

Jan