I am working on bringing the libargtable2 package up to date with both
upstream changes and the Debian policy. One of the changes state:

recommend to ship additional documentation for package |pkg| in a
separate package |pkg-doc| and install it into |/usr/share/doc/pkg|.

The package currently ships the docs in a package calles
"libargtable2-docs" (plural). I am wondering whether I should rename it,
and how to do it.

As far as I can tell, I have three options:

 1. Don't rename. It's only a "recommends".
 2. Rename with full transitional package
 3. Rename without transitional package

The incentive for doing 3 is that the dev package already depends on the
docs package, so a transitional package might not be all that important.

Another question I have is regarding packaging. The Policy suggests that
libargtable2-doc should install the docs to /usr/share/doc/libargtable2.
It seems that debhelper is not a friend in that regard, pushing me to
install to /usr/share/doc/libargtable2-doc. Am I missing some option
that would make that easy?

Shachar