On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Adam Borowski wrote:

> That database looks like something easy to check, and since most if not all
> Debian node.js packages use naming consistent with npm, it could be
> automated.  (Please tell me it already is.)

It is not automated. Every few months I find a bit of time to go
through the recent nodesecurity posts and file bugs or ping
maintainers but I doubt I'll be doing that again soon. Except for CVEs
from MITRE, all of the data collection for the Debian security tracker
is manual at this point (and a significant proportion is done by
carnil). In case anyone wants to help fix that, check out these
initial thoughts:

https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2015/ProjectProposals/SecurityTrackerCheckExternal
https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/secure-testing/check-external/sources.ini?view=markup

--