On Fr, Nov 23, 2018 at 03:14:44 +0100, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
There are always unforseen issues to be expected when upgrading. And

Of course, and since a dist-upgrade will bring newer software you may already have to fix configuration files.

at the moment, the only issues that are known when installing the
usrmerge package is when there are different binaries with the same
name in /bin and /usr/bin (or /sbin), and I really don't think that
this is actually a likely scenario.

I don’t know but I’ve seen enough strange installations.

It would be good if the usrmerge package would do a dry-run as part of the installation. If there are duplicate files the list will be printed (or mailed) and the installation will fail without breaking the whole upgrade process. The the admin can fix the problem later.

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |