On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 09:01:03AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
I also should mention that I use all of stable stable-updates
proposed-updates and the equivalents for old/oldold. I have them in
the apt sources of a chdist so I can easily look up old versions, do
apt-file searches on old versions, look up non-amd64 architecture info
etc.

Wouldn't it be nicer to have a reliable and simple source of version ordering rather than relying on ugly names and symlinks? As a bonus, it would be useful for a lot more things and for more than n-2 calculations.