Am 07.08.19 um 19:00 schrieb Marc Haber:
> On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 14:44:01 +0100, Ian Jackson
> <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>> Marc Haber writes ("Re: do packages depend on lexical order or
>> {daily,weekly,monthly} cron jobs?"):
>>> We have already thrown sysvinit away.
>>
>> No, we have not.
>
> We have given up on so many ideas that sysvinit has come with that it
> doesn't make sense to stick to Tradition on this count.

FWIW (I mean it, this is just anecdotical evidence): I have been
recently upgrading a lot of containers and host and I have been unable
to make lxc guest with systemd inits even start.

Also, I have been having problems with ssh sessions taking 25 seconds to
start on the remote side because of systemd and pam trying to initialize
some systemd user session.

I gave up on understanding both of those problems after an hour or two
of research on each. After all, machines were down, automation was not
working I had to get the stuff running again.

So at this instant I can't see sysv going away because there's too many
things not working in practice on my systems with systemd.
*t