On 22.03.20 10:47, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 02:20:18 -0700, Peter Pynchon <ppync...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> *In future Debian versions, could you please include the ASUS driver in the
>> standard package?*  *The model number is the ASUS N53 USB WiFi adapter with
>> the rt3572 chip.*  I see on your website that ASUS N53 USB adapters with
>> different chips have similar problems.
>
> Does the driver need non-free firmware? If yes, the card will probably
> never work out of the box in Debian proper, and you might need to
> install the firmware manually. Doing this will most probably solve
> your issue with current Debian as well.

There is install media that include non-free Wifi/Network card drivers
AFAIK (you'll need to search around). Also if you include the non-free
section in your /etc/apt/sources.list then you'll get a non-free
firmware package that you can install. Again please search
packages.debian.org for a corresponding firmware package.

This belongs to a Debian support channel though and not to debian-devel.
*t