Ian Jackson writes ("Re: proposed MBF: packages still using source format 1.0"):
> But I see now that the MBF has gone ahead anyway.
>
> I spent some time trying to help by setting out the factual
> background, but it seems that Debian is not interested in facts.  I
> don't know why I bother.

For example, consider a package maintained by a sponsee of mine:

Debian is not upstream, so it has a Debian revision.  The package is
maintained in git, and the source package is very small and it is not
uploaded frequently.  So we use a native source format.  This means
that we must use format 1.0 because dpkg hates 3.0 native with debian
revision.

My sponsee has responded to this but report by adding a
debian/source/format to their package and asking me to upload.  Of
course, I cannot do so.  I must instead ask my sponsee t revert the
change.

Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.

Pronouns: they/he.  If I emailed you from @fyvzl.net or @evade.org.uk,
that is a private address which bypasses my fierce spamfilter.