On Sun, Oct 02, 2022 at 03:53:00PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
On Sun, Oct 02, 2022 at 04:43:47PM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
What's the plan for upgraded systems with an existing /etc/apt/sources.list.
Will the new n-f-f section added on upgrades automatically(if non-free was
enabled before)?

So this is the one bit that I don't think we currently have a good
answer for. We've never had a specific script to run on upgrades (like
Ubuntu do), so this kind of potentially breaking change doesn't really
have an obvious place to be fixed.

Is there a reason to not continue to make the packages available in non-free? I don't see a reason to force any change on existing systems.