On Fri, 2022-10-21 at 12:48 -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> The purpose of this mail is to help find interested people in Debian
> that can help review and sponsor uploads of the userspace tools; the
> kernel-side modules have been enabled as of bug #1021337 (thanks for
> the quick reply!)

PS: once the userspace tools reach Debian, please add them here:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel/UserspaceTools

> It is quite probable Miguel and Jair can be the package maintainers,
> and I'd be more than happy to welcome them in Debian, but they will
> surely need some guidance to get the package (for which the work is
> already started¹) in a state that can be uploaded to Debian.

I think it is excellent that Intel employees are considering getting
involved in Debian. Our usual docs for new maintainers are here:

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers/

The basic procedure is to make a new package, polish it up with
lintian, piuparts, autopkgtest and other automated checking tools,
upload it to the mentors site and file a request for sponsor (RFS).

https://mentors.debian.net/sponsors/rfs-howto/

The Debian glossary may help with any unfamiliar jargon:

https://wiki.debian.org/Glossary

In case Intel are interested in supporting Debian more generally we
have some info on our website, inc about partnerships and sponsorship.

https://www.debian.org/intro/help#organizations
https://www.debconf.org/sponsors/
https://www.debian.org/partners/

--