On 2023-01-04 06:24:38 +0100, Anton Gladky wrote:
> Dear valued contributors,
>
> I am pleased to announce that the latest version of Boost, version 1.81, is
> now
> available in Debian Testing [1].
>
> We encourage all contributors whose packages depend on Boost libraries to
> consider building against Boost 1.81 in order to facilitate a smooth
> transition.

Please don't switch the dependencies to the versioned version of the
-dev packages. This makes future transitions just a lot more work.

> Installing the -dev Boost packages from the experimental repository is simple,
> as shown in the following command: sudo apt install libboost-dev -t
> experimental.

> If you encounter any issues or have suggestions for improvement, please do not
> hesitate to file bugs or prepare merge requests on salsa [2].
>
> Thank you.

As a mor egeneral note, have there been any test builds of the archive
with boost 1.81 as default? It's rather late for such a large
transition.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher