Quoting Paul Gevers (2023-01-05 12:26:09)
> Once accepted, the proposed workflow should also become documented in Debian
> policy.

I think how transitions are done is not even documented in the dev-ref right
now, no?

Last time I was uploading a package for a transition I followed

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions

which was very helpful but it would've been nice to find this in Debian policy
and/or the developer reference manual.

> The benefits of all SONAME bump NEW uploads going through experimental
> are at least:
> * disentangle the start of transitions from NEW acceptance by ftp-master
> * auto transition trackers [1] are setup before the start of transitions
> * reduce the chance of uploads accidentally interfering with ongoing
>    transitions (by more awareness and exposure via tracker.d.o).

 * easier testing for all interested parties of reverse dependencies without
   potentially interrupting unstable

> Are there objections against this workflow? (Or voices from people who
> like this?)

+1