Paul Gevers writes ("Re: Multi-host networking software, autopkgtests"):
> I guess this is best discussed in https://bugs.debian.org/908274 (added
> in the To)? Maybe with Wouter and other interested parties?

Hmmm.  Well, a way of doing this "officially" in autopkgtest would be
nice.  But:

Think such an "official" thing ought to allow the specification of
different dependencies for the different hosts in the test.  And I
don't much like the mini-DSL suggestion.  Maybe it would be better to
offer the test script an adt virt server interface to control the
"other" hosts.

This all seems very complex.  I definitely want to have something
working before something like that could exist.  Also, I think it
would be a good idea to do something ad-hoc, ideally in a number of
packages, to gain experience so we know what shape the "official"
thing ought to be.

I think therefore that I need to pursue some kind of within-testbed
nesting, as an interim approach at the very least.  I was hoping that
someone else had solved (part of) this problem already...

Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.

Pronouns: they/he.  If I emailed you from @fyvzl.net or @evade.org.uk,
that is a private address which bypasses my fierce spamfilter.