Hideki Yamane writes ("propose: provide "docker" package as docker, not
wmdocker"):
>  I'd like to propose wmdocker package would rename its source
>  package from docker to wmdocker, and then docker.io package
>  provides docker binary package and transitional docker.io package.

Do we have a wiki page which gives a procedure for renaming a source
package ?

Source package renames are rather disruptive because we key a lot of
stuff off the source package name.  At least bugs need to be
reorganised, and possibly other things.  To reuse a source package
name and then upload the new package with dgit, it's necessary to ask
a dgit repo admin to do special by hand adjustments.  etc.

This all seems like it could do with a checklist that we can at least
add things to each time we discover a brokenness we should have
avoided...

Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.

Pronouns: they/he.  If I emailed you from @fyvzl.net or @evade.org.uk,
that is a private address which bypasses my fierce spamfilter.