Simon Richter <s...@debian.org> writes:

> According to Policy as currently published, systemd units are
> encouraged, and init scripts are mandatory.

I thought I found and fixed all of the places init scripts were said to be
mandatory, but apparently I missed one.  Could you file a bug and point it
out?  That obviously need to be fixed.

Policy certainy needs work.  For example, it still makes no mention of
triggers whatsoever, which is a huge gap in its documentation of
maintainer scripts.  Unfortunately, while there is some energy to document
new and changing things, there isn't as much energy for going back and
properly documenting things we're already doing.  If we somehow miss the
window while the change or new thing is being worked on, it can slip
through the cracks.  I used to have a lot more time to work on language
for that than I do now.

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)              <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>