On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 02:38:17PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
On 08/08/23 at 10:26 +0200, Helmut Grohne wrote:
Are we ready to call for consensus on dropping the requirement that
`debian/rules clean; dpkg-source -b` shall work or is anyone interested
in sending lots of patches for this?

My reading of the discussion is that there's sufficient interest for
ensuring that building-source-after-successful-binary-build works.

my reading said that there was interest in making sure that binary builds work repeatedly, and almost no interest in making sure that building source from a rules/clean works. certainly not thousands of packages worth of busy work level of interest.