Hi,

On 22-10-2023 23:32, r...@neoquasar.org wrote:
If the distinction between "supported" and "not supported" is going to come down to specific assembler-level instructions, it would seem that that wont tell most people anything.

Well, if we know which instructions we don't support, it's not too difficult to come up a script anybody can copy/paste, like the Release Notes had for stretch:

if grep -q '^flags.*\bfpu\b.*\btsc\b.*\bcx8\b.*\bcmov\b' /proc/cpuinfo; then
            echo "OK (assuming all CPUs are of the same type)"
    else
echo "NOT OK: Missing one or more of the required CPU extensions"
    fi

Paul