On Thu, Nov 30, 2023 at 08:24:18PM +0100, Thomas Braun wrote:
> Now I would like to know if being able to run in an IPv6-only environment is
> a must have feature for any debian package?

I run an IPv6 only LAN on my home network, where I use `jool`, and
`dns64-prefix`+`unbound` to interoperate with legacy IP space. There's
no assigned IPv4 addresses for hosts on that LAN.

Most packages work fine IPv6 only -- but some things break once in a
while. Show-stopping breakage is rare and usually results in me filing a bug
report.

I have no idea what the project's stance is, but I don't regard this as
a particularly high bar, it tends to take some pretty heavy and gnarly usage
of legacy api surface to render programs show stoppingly broken.

  paultag

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀               Paul Tagliamonte <paultag>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  https://people.debian.org/~paultag | https://pault.ag/