Severity: wishlist
Owner: Matthew Fennell <matt...@fennell.dev>

* Package name    : precis
  Version         : 1.1.0
  Upstream Contact: Christian Schudt
* URL             : https://github.com/sco0ter/precis
* License         : Expat
  Programming Lang: Java
  Description     : Java implementation of the PRECIS Framework

This Java library validates and prepares Unicode strings, so that they can
safely be used in application protocols, e.g. when dealing with usernames and
passwords.

It supports RFCs 8264, 8265, 8266 and 5893, and is designed to replace software
like Libidn's Stringprep class by handling internationalised strings in a more
coherent way.

It is a dependency of of Babbler, a Java library for interacting with XMPP
servers, which is in turn used by several transports, as well as caas, an
automated compliance tester with an open RFP (#959816).

I hope to maintain this package within the Debian Java Maintainers team. I am
not a Debian Developer, so will need to look for sponsorship once the package
is ready.