Sent from Workspace ONE Boxer

On Mar 25, 2024 7:44 AM, Niels Thykier <ni...@thykier.net> wrote:

> Niels Thykier:

> A follow up on this:

>   * The proposal is now implemented in debhelper compat 14 (as of version

>     13.15+) and debputy (0.1.21+).

>   * The `debputy` migration tool will flag any obsolete substvars that

>     are 1:1 with what `debputy` would have applied for you. No tool for

>     debhelper-based packages exist at this time.

>   * Lintian is not updated yet and will still complain about missing

>     relationship substvars. I have filed #1067653 to have that changed.

> I expect this to be final on this topic for this round. :)

> Best regards,

> Niels

Hi Niels,

Thanks a lot for your work on this, I very much agreed with the premiss that
subst vars were a thing easy to fall into traps. It is a very welcomed
improvement to automate them and avoid mistakes.

Is there a place where you wrote some kind of doc about how to use debputy or
debhelper compat 14? Does one need to add debputy as build-depends, and that is
it? Pointers to URLs welcome.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)