On Sun, 31 Mar 2024 at 07:40, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues
<jo...@debian.org> wrote:
 [snip]
> In summary: would running unstable instead of bookworm let me find more bugs
> than running bookworm with unstable chroots? For my specific work: yes,
> absolutely.  Am I upgrading from bookworm to unstable or at least testing?
> Absolutely not. I just don't have the amount of free-time this would require
> of
> me.  Just performing the 12-13 bisection steps to find the offending kernel
> commit which makes my system lock up would easily require a day of free time
> from me.  I'm afraid I do not have this luxury. Not even remotely close!
>
> So I'll continue to not dogfood as hard as I could and run as much from
> bookworm as I can. Would it make me a better contributor if I ran unstable?
> Certainly! But this thing is just a hobby of mine and I can only allot that
> much time to do risky experiments with my only computer. I guess others are in
> the same boat?

As long as we are all contributing our free time we just need to go
the way it fits us better. I am an unstable user but I definitely
respect and support your position. And I would hate losing
contributors for things like this.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
https://perezmeyer.com.ar/