Hi,

I noticed with surprise tonight that my clock was an hour off.

Investigating the matter revealed that /etc/timezone said
US/Central.  running /usr/sbin/tzconfig and setting it to
SystemV/CST6CDT fixed the problem.

However, the install program, and tzconfig, both have a problem.  They
do not explain the difference, why one might work and the other
might not, etc.  Also, why does US/Central not work?

The boot disks should not offer confusing options.  They should offer
the working one (CST6CDT for me) and no non-working ones.  The same
goes for tzconfig.  Otherwise, anybody using xntp or something similar
will always get incorrect times.

John