[ For the record, I agree with Paul's main points, most of which have long
  been know. This one point bears correction. ]

  Enrique> You won't have wait for hours while a list of "Skipping
  Enrique> foo. Skipping bar." is displayed at the screen.

1. That hasn't been necessary since dpkg-mountable was released around
   February of 1997, ie over 15 months ago.

2. My current favourite for installing just a package foo [1]
        $ apg-get install foo

Finally, even if it took 5 hours: I now have the 'pleasure' of spending most
of my time (at work) with an NT4 box. How long do you think will it take to
reconfigure that once I upgrade the OS? If it survives at all. We *are* doing
quite well, actually. There's always room for improvement, of course.

Dirk

[1] My only minor gripe with apt is that it doesn't log as dpkg-mountable.

--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]              According to the latest official figures,
http://rosebud.ml.org/~edd      43% of all statistics are totally worthless.