GNU acct is still broken for 2.2 kernels. I thought a recompile would fix it,
but it doesn't.  The upstream author, with whom I generally had very good
(albeit sporadic) contact is MIA.  AFAICT the other dists don't distribute
acct.

The package needs a kernel hacker type who can debug and hopefully fix it.
Unless someone steps forward to adopt it, I will ask that acct be removed
prior to the release of potato

A bug has also been reported on the installation, but I cannot replicate it
here on a 2.2 machine.

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.