Control: tags -1 +moreinfo +pending

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <d...@fifthhorseman.net> writes:

> Package: elpa-debian-el
> Version: 37.11
> Severity: normal
>
> When i do "M-x debian-bug P elpa-debian-el RET" i get the template you
> see here.
>
> Weirdly, X-Debbugs-Cc is pre-populated in this way.
>
> There are at least two things wrong with X-Debbugs-Cc here:
>
>  - the string "none" shouldn't be present.  This smells like a bug,
>    where the empty string is somehow being misinterpreted as the string
>    "none", but i odn't know where it's happening.

For this issue, it looks like debian-bug.el is passing "--list-cc=none"
to reportbug which then becomes part of the message.  This is fixed in
[1] and pending sponsoring.

>  - the two additional addresses are duplicative. Even if there is code
>    that tries to re-add a duplicate address, it should notice that the
>    e-mail address parts are identical, and coalesce them into a single
>    address.

I cannot seem to reproduce this.  debian-bug.el tries to get full name
and email from several sources, such as user-full-name,
user-mail-address, envvars like DEBFULLNAME, DEBNAME, NAME, DEBEMAIL,
EMAIL, REPORTBUGEMAIL, etc.  So there may be something unconventional
that triggered this.  Can you check if your configuration set those info
in multiple places?  What happens if you clear some of them?

> I don't understand the codebase well enough to be able to see how these
> things are happening, but if you want me to test some changes, or report
> on any other config, please let me know.
>
>    --dkg

[1]
https://salsa.debian.org/emacsen-team/debian-el/-/commit/116b3e7c839bf52fa01adba0758487a47cade87a

--