Control: tags -1 - patch

As a result I suggest that we also move forward with my proposed
LIMITS_H_TEST replacement in Debian. Upstream gcc fails to move forward
here and the problem affects Debian in particular due to our use of
multiarch and our changing of the compiler search path. Would you agree
to carry this as a Debian patch until gcc manages to fix it one way or
another?

Sorry, but AFAICS, you didn't submit the patch upstream for review. You opened a bug report, but didn't send it out for review on the gcc-patches ML. You also didn't CC me or other Debian GCC Maintainers in the upstrem bug report, and only opened a Debian bug report after seven years having the upstream bug report. I'm glad to help if you have questions how to submit upstream patches.

I've been using this last iteration of the patch for quite a
while now and didn't have any misdetections since.

yes, you used it in the context of Debian cross builds in a multiarch environment. No other context.

Filing a bug report seven years ago, having a proposed unreviewed patch, and then claiming that upstream is not moving forward is a bit odd.

Please could you properly address the issue upstream to get it applied there first? I'm happy to backport it to GCC 14 once it's accepted upstream.

Matthias