On Mon, Dec 25, 2023 at 07:56:23AM +0800, Maytham Alsudany wrote:
> Hi Nilesh,
> > This is a package with a lot of (important) reverse-dependencies and this
> > is a minor
> > version (assuming they comply with semver.org) bump.
> > Have you verified that it does not cause any regressions in the reverse-deps
> > with ratt[1] or ruby-team/meta[2]?
> >
> > [1]: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ratt
> > [2]: https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/meta
>

> I've run ratt on golang-google-grpc, and 22 packages fail to build out of 127.
> I'll go through and try to update and/or fix the failing packages.
>
> Does this call for a migration, since it affects a lot of packages?

If I am not wrong, the situation is (far) more complicated than just this,
sorry I missed
highlighting this earlier.
IIRC, there was some discussion a while back that just running ratt isn't
enough (even for experimental)
and that grpc may break things at run-time as well. It also had some
entanglement with the protobuf
package.

I realise I'm speaking at a very surface level so I am adding in Shengjing
(zhsj) to the
thread and recluse myself from any uploads for this package meanwhile.

Best,
Nilesh