Hello,
On Sun, Nov 19, 2023 at 06:18:28PM +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Am 17. November 2023 17:37:14 MEZ schrieb Helge Kreutzmann
> <deb...@helgefjell.de>:
> >
> >Users who do not speak english (very well). In your example this is a
> >combination, so a (probably wrong or very rare) language combination
>
> "Users, who do not speak English (very well)" ???
>
> This is a page specific for translators, and the workflow in Debian is
> "translate from English to <your language>".
>
> So, we should expect that every person viewing this page is capable of
> reading/speaking English!

Yes, but why should other users be deprived of reading it as well,
even if they might not be able to contribute?

To be clear: For me the content matters, as I'm well capable of
reading it in english.

> Therefore, I propose to remove all translations of these pages! It is enough,
> if they are only existing in English.
>
> That would reduce the amount of pages from 9400 to 580 without losing
> anything.

If there are ressource constraints on the web server then this should
be clearly said so. Otherwise I do not see a reason why the existing
translations (where translation teams decided to do the work) should
be removed.

Greetings

           Helge

--