On 01/03/24 13:44, Thomas Vincent wrote:
Hello!

I wanted to share with you that DDTSS, the service allowing us to translate package descriptions, recently got two updates that made its main page load 2 to 3 seconds faster.

Hi Thomas,

thanks for putting some love into the DDTSS, it is appreciated.

* the Italian team has fine scripts that could benefit everybody if they
   were directly provided by DDTSS

Aside Daniele's wishlist items (that I agree with), two of the things I use most in our pages, thanks to Daniele's scripts are: - a link to the packages.debian.org page for the package under translation, which I use to move along to the package's upstream home page whenever I need to clarify something I have to translate; - a link to the source package in the ddtp (something like https://ddtp.debian.org/ddt.cgi?source=slidge-matridge) which allows me to see what other packages come from the same source and might share some part of the description.

I have another minor wishlist. Only the last 10 messages are shown, and it is not possible (or I am not able) to read the previous ones unless you delete some of newest ones. Would it be possible, without it being a big hassle, to have a link for a page with the older messages?

* we should use Salsa as a way to authenticate users instead of DDTSS'
   legacy homemade solution

yes, DDTSS authentication would benefit from some improvement, and maybe a password recovery function.

Again, thanks a lot for your work.

Ciao,

beatrice