Hi Praveen,

प्रवीण् ए (Praveen A) wrote:
2006/1/20, प्रवीण् ए (Praveen A) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,

 I' m trying to figure out how to build jonas for debian. I am a newbie
to debian packaging. If anyone alse is working on the same thing it would
great to work together.

I think currently nobody is packaging jonas.

First results while trying to build

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/jonas$ ant install
Buildfile: build.xml

    [javac] The type javax.rmi.CORBA.PortableRemoteObjectDelegate cannot be
resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
    [javac] 1 problem (1 error)

kaffe is currently the only VM with the corba rmi stuff. So you should try
to compile with kaffe. Or patch the use of corba out in the build system.
May be a non-trivial task - depends on the quality of the build file :-)

Note: I had to install java-gcj-compat-dev for jonas to recognise javac

Sure, java-gcj-compat-dev is a JDK like environment, java-gcj-compat the JRE. kaffe only provides a full JDK like environment.

Wolfgang