Hello all,

debian-junior 1.31 has been uploaded to Debian unstable. \o/

I added a new task for Debian Jr. called "junior-desktop" [1]
The goal of this meta package is to provide an Debian Jr. Desktop
Environment.

I was able to test this task in a VM. I installed a minimal
Debian System and installed junior-desktop from sid. After reboot
I got the login screen (lightdm) + IceWM as Window Manager + a
set of applications and games. Disk space: ~8 GB

 __________________
< Congratulations! >
 ------------------
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )
      .( o ).

One of the next steps is to provide configuration files. Debian
Jr. Desktop should look like [2].

In the meantime I was able to make some experiences with a new
blend project [3]. I think I will started to work on a new
package "junior-desktop-config to deliver configuration files and
scripts to setup a Environment.

I will also try to get a live image build based on the new
junior-desktop metapackage. I think it will help a lot to try and
also test Debian Jr.

[1] https://packages.debian.org/unstable/junior-desktop
[2]
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianJr?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=DebianJr-Live-CD-001.png