On So, 17.12.2023 17:47:33, Jennifer Rodriguez-Mueller wrote:
> I'm interested in understanding the best ways to use Debian Junior!
>
> There are kids in my family to give gifts to.
>
> Also if Debian Junior (well configured?) is good at being "simple and safe"
> enough for a kid, then there are also some elderly people in my family who
> might ALSO be helped by "a protectively simple system" (that they could
> bond with their grandkids by using what the grandkids are using)?

Debian Junior is still in development. I hope we are able to
provide a Live System image, soon. Some technical tasks already
done.

Currently, the main focus is to get an live image and I hope we
will be able to add Debian Junior into the Debian Installer.

But, there are a lot of more tasks which I need to work on (e.g.
documentation, system menu and toolbar,..) I have some more
ideas, but it will take time.

> The best way to learn about best practices in this space seems like it
> might be to do some realtime chat about what people have seen work and not
> work... and so... is there anywhere "Debian Junior people" hang out and
> sometimes do realtime chatting?

You can find more information about the project on Debian's Wiki:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianJr

There is an IRC channel and a XMPP Multi User Chat (Jabber) for
Debian Junior.

--
Stefan