Hi,

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 03:00:57AM -0800, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Andrew wrote
> > Device tree is not particularly good for dynamic hardware. We would
> > probably have to have two device tree blobs, one for MMC and one for
> > RS232. I don't remember if this is just an issue for Base, or if
> > Client and Ultimate have the same muxing. If so, we would want two DT
> > blobs for those as well...
> >
> > If there is demand, we can do it, but i would prefer to avoid this if
> > possible.

This affects also at least Client (which I'm using). Also if you add
new blob, there should be also one for RS485 (there is a GPIO to select
between RS232/RS485).

> Andrew wrote:
> > I was going to take Aaro Koskinen patches, since they have Tested-by:
> > etc.
> >
> > How about you ask Aaro to add the comment?

I can add more verbose comments to mainline kernel .dts on how to
enable serial port, and how to select between rs232/485. Andrew, do
you want me to resend the current patches, or can it be done with an
incremental patch?

However, Debian probably needs to provide its own documentation how to
modify the .dtb (probably some example how to convert the dtb to source
with dtc, then how to do the modifications, and compile the source back
to dtb).

A.