Hi,

On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 02:10:20AM +0500, Alex Volkov wrote:
> Source: linux
> Severity: normal
>
> Dear Maintainer,
>
> I can't see why something which can be done with a kernel boot parameter or a
> sysctl variable
> needs to be forced in the source since 2011. Also, the very existence of this
> new default is non-transparent for anyone relying on official kernel
> documentation. Is it even mentioned in any README or something? Because I
> couldn't find anything.

It was set as such a long time ago when we enabled the option:

https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/-/commit/25e71bd23902b424ec9457244db24faad8b4359f

I suspect the idea was to make it possible for users to use this new
feature, but only as a opt-in, while it was still very fresh.

Maybe Ben remembers.

But I guess we could drop the Debian specific patch.

Regards,
Salvatore