Control: tags -1 moreinfo
Control: severity -1 normal

On Sun, May 19, 2024 at 08:58:57PM +0200, Manny wrote:
> To install linux-image-6.6.13+bpo-amd64, this command was executed:
>
>   $ apt -t bookworm-backports install linux-image-amd64
>
> I have a transcript of the session but it’s probably not worth
> posting. It’s in the binary format produced by the “script”
> command. The deb file is only 1,480 bytes, which is obviously a
> non-starter. The final output was this:
>
>   Download is performed unsandboxed as root as file
> '/root/linux-image-amd64_6.6.13-1~bpo12+1_amd64.deb' couldn't be accessed by
> user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)

What do you want to say?  This message is from apt and is pretty clearly
a missconfiguration, why does it try to find a package from the Debian
archive in your home?

The size of this deb should be correct, this is a meta-package, aka it
only depends on other packages.

I don't see any problem description here.

Bastian

--
The joys of love made her human and the agonies of love destroyed her.
                -- Spock, "Requiem for Methuselah", stardate 5842.8