> The following line goes unnoticed by Lintian:
>
>    It was downloaded from <fill in http/ftp site>
>
> lintian should check if there is 'http://', 'ftp://' URL and warn if
> no valid looking URL link was found on the upload line.

Well, there's of course a large list of protocols one could use to
download that, but more importantly, to my understanding the
debian/copyright file is freeform. I've got a package where the upstream
source was mailed to the packager, and there's nothing that prevents
that.

*If* you want to check for this (I think it's overkill) you should match
on that "<fill in http/ftp site>" string because then you're sure that
someone didn't edit the template. In any other case you can't judge if
it's right or wrong.

Thijs