Package: lintian
Version: 1.23.31
Severity: wishlist

Hi,

I'm getting the following warnings for one of my packages:
  W: phpgedview source: source-contains-CVS-dir places/IDN/CVS
  W: phpgedview-places binary: package-contains-CVS-dir
usr/share/phpgedview/www/places/IDN/CVS/

While I can and will handle the second one inside the packaging, making sure
that it doesn't get installed, I'm not so sure about the first one.

I've reported it upstream, but they haven't released a new version in ages. It
seems to me I have the following options:
1) Repack upstream source;
2) Add an override.

Both are not appropriate in my opinion: I shouldn't repack the source for
removing one dir, and adding an override for this doesn't seem right since
it's a real bug(let), but not in the packaging.

To me it seems more logical to make the test of 'info' level. You cannot
always influence what upstream does and repacking for this is not
appropriate. It's just something you should send upstream, but no more.

Thijs