On Friday 15 May 2015 23:53:36 Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> But I find title misleading and description too short. Moreover you
> should add link to normative or documentation. Why it is bad for
> instance to carry cmake file here ?

The main practical reason why it is bad to carry a cmake file in e.g.
/usr/share/cmake-3.0 is that when e.g. cmake 3.2 gets uploaded, it doesn't
look there automatically any more.

The main conceptual reason is that installing files there is that it is like
burying the treasure map together with the treasure.

FooConfig files have - since cmake 2.6 or something like that - been the
preferred way for a shared component to tell cmake where it is installed.

/Sune
--
I didn’t stop pretending when I became an adult, it’s just that when I was a
kid I was pretending that I fit into the rules and structures of this world.