On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 06:28:50PM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > I wanted to know what the current situation of lintian maintenance
> > is.
>
> Now that policy 4.7.0 is out we (really) should get a release done
> soon.

There's an MR https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/498 for
this (4.7.0 policy addition change). Do you think you could review/merge this?

I also assigned you to one MR I raised which should be not complicated to review
if you have the time
https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/499

The next one will be MR#500 in lintian! \o/

> The other reason is as you already mentioned …
>
> > Currently there's an RC bug #1066261 against it
>
> … this (and #1065431). Thanks for merging that one!
>
> > and I am unsure as to what should be done (release now, later,
> > what?).
>
> "Soon". I plan to do a release within the next 10 days. Probably won't
> have time before Saturday, though.

I noticed that dpkg is stalled from testing migration due to lintian's failing
tests https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=dpkg

This is stopping the entire world to migrate :o

Please do consider to make the new release when you get some spare amounts of
time.

> > I've been reviewing and merging some MRs on the repo for a few
> > months, but other than that I have not witnessed much activity.
>
> Done that, too, for a few MRs, but probably for fewer than you did.
>
> > So here's the question: How is the maintenance status?
>
> A bit better than last year from my point of view, but it obviously
> could be better. I still only find time for Lintian every other month
> or so — nevertheless I seem the only one who dares to do a release.
> (Which makes me kinda feel honored, but it actually is a really bad
> bus-factor. 😐)

True 😓 However thanks for your continued work on lintian!

Best,
Nilesh