I have created another a Debian live system on a USB stick with the help of
the make-live from live-helper_1.0~a9-1 and I tested it again. It seems that
after a 2nd reboot from the USB stick with the 'persistent'
option /live_media wont't be correctly mounted anymore.

Here is what I did:

1) Booting up with 'live persistent quickreboot' works as
expected, /live_media is mounted from /dev/sda1 as rw.
I then created some files in the home directory (/home/usblive in my case), so
as to verify that it would become really persistent after a later reboot.

2) Then I did a snapshot and saved it on the USB stick's partition:
        sudo casper-snapshot --type=squashfs
        sudo cp /mnt/casper-snapshot/*  /live_media
        umount /mnt/casper-snapshot

3) To be followed by a reboot:
        sudo reboot

4) And I started it again with:
        live persistent quickreboot

This time it only sees an empty /live_media directory, even though a
        cat /proc/mounts
shows this:

        rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
        none /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0
        none /proc proc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0
        udev /dev tmpfs rw 0 0
        /dev/sda1 /live_media vfat
rw,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0
        /dev/loop0 /filesystem.squashfs squashfs ro 0 0
        tmpfs /cow tmpfs rw 0 0
        unionfs / unionfs
rw,dirs=/cow=rw:/filesystem.squashfs=ro,debug=4294967295,delete=whiteout 0 0
        tmpfs /cow tmpfs rw 0 0
        unionfs /dev/.static/dev unionfs
rw,dirs=/cow=rw:/filesystem.squashfs=ro,debug=4294967295,delete=whiteout 0 0
        tmpfs /lib/init/rw tmpfs rw,nosuid 0 0
        usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0
        tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
        devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,nosuid,noexec 0 0

Is this a bug, or has the /live_media become non-visible on purpose?

Juergen Neuhoff