Hey guys,

I've been looking into QA for the images I generate with Debian-Live.

Webconverger.com generates several new ISOs on an update and I am
worried sick something might have gone wrong. ;)

What usually goes wrong for me is that sometimes the package(s)
live-helper needs is misplaced (my fault) or perhaps failed to be
fetched (network fault). I need to also probably come up with a couple
of "fault finding" greps of the debian-live log output.

Brendan Sleight (see mail below) from the morphix project does video
stuff. I think it could be useful to quickly watch a movie in fast
forward if it looks right. (black box testing?)

Also Martin Ferrari tells me he is working on a lintian "fully
automated" style testing of images. (white box testing?)

Other elements of testing I would like to pursue (if I had more time) is
the "PC World test".  I would like to plug a USB stick of my image and
test it on all the machines on demo in the store. I probably just need
to create a persistent USB image for the live.log and where perhaps a
`hwinfo` dump could live. This was talked about during Debconf7 as
perhaps being also part of Debian popcon stuff.

Anyone have some QA tips or thoughts, please share. Best wishes,

----- Forwarded message from Brendan Sleight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----