I'm really confused by this.  First, why is it necessary to set the
hostname (within the chroot, I guess with the unfortunate but
[perhaps?] unavoidable consequence that it affects outside the chroot
too).

Second, why isn't it clear why the hostname shouldn't be changed back?
Otherwise everyone's machine gets renamed localhost.localdomain.

Justin

                if [ -f chroot/etc/hostname ]
                then
                        # Save hostname file
                        mv chroot/etc/hostname chroot/etc/hostname.orig
                fi

                # Create hostname file
                echo "localhost.localdomain" > chroot/etc/hostname

                # Set hostname
                Chroot "hostname -F /etc/hostname"
[...]

                # Set hostname (somehow this seems to be really needed :/)
                if [ -f /etc/hostname ]
                then
                        hostname -F /etc/hostname
                fi