Il giovedì 28 agosto 2008 21:10:16 Curt Howland ha scritto:

> I booted both the xfce and "standard" non-graphical .iso images using
> VirtualBox, on an up-to-date Sid system.
>
> With both, udev renamed eth0 (the built-in network adapter) as eth1,
> which then caused the automatic network provisioning to fail, since
> it is looking for eth0.

Did you tested downloaded images or do you built them by yourself?

I ask that because there was a fixed-in-git-but-not-in-unstable bug related to
udev and network interfaces which happens when build and built system have
different version of udev causeing the /etc/udev/rules.d/*-persistent-
net.rules to be inherited from the build system. This could cause renames of
eth0 at boot time.

A fix for that is in git. You may want to update live-helper to latest git and
rebuild your images.

--
ESC:wq