Hi,

I think this requires a bit of coordination:
- the package is basically dead upstream, there hasn't been a fix in the official repos, neither Debian or other distros attempted to fix them - we do have a sponsor for LTS and ELTS/stretch, so we're paid to take care of this package
- secteam usually sets unimportant/low/high severity, not us

So I wonder if this package is still supportable. I'd suggest you sync with LTS Coordinator to see if we should invest time in fixing the issues ourselves, or drop the package from debian-security-support.

If you also want to alter the severity of the fixes, I'd suggest you coordinate with the Security Team first.

Cheers!
Sylvain