Hi,

Andreas just pointed me to the unfortunate situation that my packages do
not show up in the 'has VCS stuff' sections on the task pages --
although they all have public VCS on Alioth.

  http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging.html

And see e.g. here:

  http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/dicomnifti.html
  http://packages.qa.debian.org/f/fslview.html
  http://packages.qa.debian.org/n/nifticlib.html
  http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pymvpa.html
  http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pynifti.html

I understand that VCS links have to be manually added to the task files,
right?

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/blends/projects/med/trunk/debian-med/tasks/imaging?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

The question to me is why can this information not be extracted from the
official packages in the archive (or the PTS) -- as it is done for
maintainers and upstream URLs for example?

IMHO it would be good to prevent having potentially outdated duplicates
of information that is available from canonical locations.

Am I on the wrong track?

Michael

--
GPG key:  1024D/3144BE0F Michael Hanke